Mark A. Watson
Mark A. Watson was born in Zanesville, Ohio, on February 26, 1958. A lifelong resident of Muskingum County, Watson was admitted to the State of Ohio Bar in 1983. He has been married since 1981 and they have one daughter. Watson has been very involved in local volunteer boards for area agencies and organizations and serves on the Estate Planning Trust and Probate Council of the Ohio State Bar Association.
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Business Succession Planning
- Elder Law
- Ohio, 1983
- U.S. Federal Court for the Southern District of Ohio in 1985
- U. S. Tax Court in 1992
- BV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Watson has received the Genesis Community Service Award: two State Awards from The Ohio High School Athletic Association for Exemplary Service and Contribution; the Zanesville Downtown Association Outstanding Downtown Volunteer Award; and the Commitment to Excellence and James E. West Fellow Awards of The Boy Scouts of America for outstanding contributions to the community.
- Juris Doctor degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1983.
- While in law school, he was awarded the Order of Barristers, competed on the University of Cincinnati National Moot Court Team, served as an Editor for the Moot Court Program and as a Co-Director of the University of Cincinnati Moot Court Competition.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree from The Ohio State University in 1980, majoring in Political Science with a minor in Economics.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Muskingum County Bar Association (Past President)
- Ohio State Bar Association Estate Planning Trust and Probate Council
- Ohio State Bar Association Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
Mark is Past President of the following organizations: the Zanesville Rotary Club, The Zanesville Downtown Association, The Alfred S. Carr Center, The Zanesville Quarterback Club, The Bishop Rosecrans School Board, The Rosecrans High School Athletic Boosters and the Bethesda Hospital Foundation. He has served as a Deacon, an Elder and member of the Stewardship Committee at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zanesville. Watson has also served on the Board of Directors of the Zanesville-Muskingum County Chamber of Commerce, The American Red Cross and the Genesis Healthcare Foundation. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees for The William M. Shinnick Educational Fund.